Monday, May 18, 2020

How to AN

I recently struggled my way through some AN10 fittings for my catch can, and then when it came time to put on my AN16 fittings for the coolant lines I realized that the process wasn't the same.  With the larger hose and fittings it was basically impossible to push the hose with the nylon wrap into the fitting so here is what I ended up doing:

Step 1: cut the nylon wrap about 1" from the top of the hose (distance based on fitting requirement).  I used a box cutter and made about 10 light pulls on the nylon.  I did this 4 times around the hose.






Step 2: use a needle nose to roll the nylon off the hose down about 1".  That seemed like a good distance for the AN16, the AN10 ended up being about .75".  After you pull it back cut away as much loose nylon as you can.


Step 3: Tightly wrap some electrical tape around the exposed nylon and then spray with a tiny bit of your favorite lubricant and use your finger to wipe it all around the tape area.


Step 4: slide on the hose side of the fitting. 


Step 5: Enjoy cool AN fitting lines!


No comments:

Post a Comment