Tuesday, April 7, 2020

So...uhhh...blogs are still a thing, right?

It's been a while.

I got into instagram for a minute, then realized like other social media it just doesn't really do it for me. The pace at which people like and dismiss builds that take years to make just isn't my style.

With that said I'd like to keep the blog up to speed as a more permanent place of record for my build and it's progress, or lack of it.

It's been slow but progress is progress I guess.

I got the ECU done, and the pulled the engine harness and got the Rywire harness installed along with some other rewiring and extension that needed to be done.







At that point I was basically ready to go.  I did a mock up of the motor in my garage, then bolted on an ACT stage 4 clutch and OEM balanced flywheel. 



The clutch was a little interesting because I was using an 88 manual trans on a 91 flywheel. So I ended up needing a clutch plate that matched an 88 21 spline, but had a 212mm diameter.  What do?  Well just my luck the ACT clutch for a 1986 Prelude Si is 21 splines and 212mm...what are the odds!!? So I have a frankenclutch but it all works.


I bolted everything in and got it on a trailer to King Motorsports for tuning.




 Then they let me know that the main crank seal and the cam seal were leaking. Sooo I went back and picked it back up. Boo. They also said my Ebay turbo already had some blowby just in the 5 minutes they ran it.

So the car is back in the garage and over the winter I decided to upgrade some parts.

I'm still using the Ebay intercooler and charge piping for now, but I've upgraded to a Comp 5858 .63 turbo, and Tial wastegate and BOV.  I've also got a vent kit from Speed factory and at some point a radiator needs to go in the car.  The Rywire tucked radiator won't fit, so not sure what to do.  But all that will come in a new post!

No comments:

Post a Comment