Saturday, December 24, 2016

It's a...been a while.

With the Africa Twin entering my garage in early summer most of the last two seasons were spent riding rather than wrenching.  That has recently changed with the advent of the first few big snows of the winter to hit in the last couple weeks.

This past week I dug into the steering rack to find that the Quaife shorter gear kit didn't fit a power steering rack.  So I need a manual rack, no biggie.  Looked into that and realized that I need a manual rear engine subframe to go with the manual rack.  F.

So now Im in the process of tracking down a rear engine subframe.


Until I find that I'll be putting the engine together with the trans next week and getting everything as ready as possible so that once the subframe/rack go in I can get the rest finished quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment